Questioning what to do next after getting a license? Or are you a new or experienced Amatuer Radio Operator looking to expand into new activities with radio or increase your radio knowledge? If so, you might be interested in the following free weekly Operating Classes. See description and registration information below.
Free weekly 3-hour Zoom sessions providing info on a wide range of Amateur Radio operating activities will start on Thursday March 30 and run through June 15 at 12:30 PM Hawaii time (6:30 PM Eastern time). Each session is independent, so you can attend all or just selected sessions. Previous attendees are welcome.
Every subject is taught by a ham who is a well known subject matter expert.
A detailed syllabus will be published before classes begin. Attend them all, or any that you like. They will be recorded so if you miss one or if the time is inconvenient, you can watch it whenever you have time.
You must register for the classes.
To receive registration information, e-mail Rol Anders,
K3RA, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subjects will include:
* All About Operating--A general Introduction
* Amateur Radio Organizations—Local to International
* Ham Radio Awards
* DXing-History and Tips from the Experts by the editor of QST's "How's DX"
* QSLing-How to get that needed card for DXCC or WAS
* VHF/UHF Weak Signal Work and "Roving"
* Image Operating—Slow Scan and Fast Scan TV
* Remote Station control over internet
* Learning CW in the no-code era
* Digital Modes—From RTTY to FT8 and beyond
* Contesting—How to get started, tips for the beginner and intermediate
* Logging Software—What’s available, how to use
* Propagation—A general intro to HF and 6 meter propagation
* Amateur Satellites—How to get started
* Portable (backpacking) operation—Tips from an expert
* Setting Up a Modern (or not so modern) HF Station
* Lightning Protection and Grounding
* Traffic Handling
* Public Service, Emergency Communications
Leave a Reply.
De KH6RS BLoG
Aloha fellow hams! This blog is for you. Remember to stop by if you ever miss a meeting or would like to know what the club has been up to. Please feel free to make suggestions on anything you would like to see here.