Field Day plan. ARRL Field Day is the biggest emergency communications exercise in North America.
Since we had few volunteers, we will be doing a minimal event compared to earlier years.
There will be no activity on Friday. We will arrive at the Ho'okipa site on Saturday VERY early.
The gate will be opened at 5:30am at our Ho'okipa QTH.
Directions: Our access gate is approximately 1/2 mile east of the Ho'okipa Beach Park entrance. Normally, the gate is locked. We need to keep the gate locked, so we are putting our own lock on the gate. A kmz file is attached for use with Google Earth.
The lock code is: 7088
Please lock the gate after you enter the area. Follow the dirt path and cross the old highway then on to the block house.
We will have 2 1/2 hours to set up and get ready as the event start is at 8:00am. We will need help Saturday morning at 5:30 so if you can be there, please let me know.
Please sign in at the station when you arrive and don't forget to sign out when you leave.
This year, we will do a 1A category event. Please contact me for time window signup.
Everyone is welcome at any time, but with only one radio, not everyone will be able to get on when they want. New hams and Technicians (and those not yet licensed) will have priority since one purpose of Field Day is to gain HF experience for those with limited equipment. I and others will be available to show how it all works and help get going.
The event is 24 hours so it runs all night and ends at 8:00 am Sunday. We will also need help Sunday morning to wrap up and clean the area.The station will be active all night if we get operators to keep it on the air.
* You will need the usual sun screen, jacket (it could rain), etc.
* You need to bring your own food and drink. Please stay hydrated.
* Unless you like standing around, bring your own chair.
* For operating, bring your own headset. If you don't have one, you can use mine but remember the bio-safety rules.
Signups so far:
* NH6Y will be at the gate at 5:30 am Saturday and bring the antennas, mast, coax, and generator.
* AD6E will bring the station (radio, computer, etc) and more coax.
* KH6UU will bring a VHF station and computer
* KH6CJJ will arrive around 6 am
While it is not REQUIRED to sign up in advance, it will help me plan the station operation.
Please let me know when you think you will be at the site. Just reply to this email.
Aloha & 73, Alan AD6E